Monday, April 18, 2005

Ok, I have a blog in blogger.com, now what?...

"I'm a trend follower not a trend setter" was at some point in life one of my mottos, and this certainly confirms it. I feel kinda uncomfortable now, however, having opened this blog on Blogger.com rather than installing and running my own. Hrmmm.... I still haven't decided what to do.

The good part of having your blog in a "free service" is that you can continue blogging even if your life goes down the drain... even a few coins can let you update your blog from the street, if you ever become a homeless (provided you find an internet cafe that lets a homeless in, and that you don't stink too much ;). The bad part, and this is pretty obvious, is that you lose control.

The problem I see is that I have several personalities, me the computer geek, and me, the political advocate. And to top this split-personality disorder, I have friends overseas, who would certainly like to read my babbling in english (ok, spanglish ;), and local friends, who would very much prefer to read my babling in español.

What to do?. Split my musings in four different blogs? Create sub-categories?. I'm open for suggestions....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blogger is ok but I heard that creating categories is a pain.

On the plus side, it's got dozens of browser plug-ins to make your life easier as a blogger.

I bet you'll soon discover the wonders of Picasa software and the Mozilla and Firefox extensions that you can install to, for instance, add "blog this" functionality from a pop-up menu, regardless of the web page you're visiting.

On the downside, Picasa currently has no linux version. They should code it in Java if you ask me.

José desde Canarias, España.
Visitanos algún dia en el chat
http://www.canario.net/chat/irc/